Ten doors free and clear on a blue-collar salary—today’s guest shares exactly how she did just that!
Brandon and David sit down with Ashley Hamilton, who shares the incredible story of how she went from poverty to success through real estate investing with very little help or guidance.
Ashley shares her remarkable strategies for investing in a market where very few others could, how she used BiggerPockets to develop a system, and how she got the city of Detroit to offer her a deal to buy a property at $500! Ashley also shares how she buys cheap houses at auctions, how she finds banks to finance her rehabs, and how she uses keyword alerts in the BiggerPockets forums to snag deals before anyone else! And be sure to listen for Ashley’s “no milk for her cereal” strategy to overcome and succeed!
If you’re looking for an incredibly inspirational story that highlights how creativity and resiliency can pay off, you want to download this today.
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
Sharestates is America’s private lender. We fund fix-and-flip, ground-up, term, and refinance projects nationwide across all asset classes: residential, multifamily, mixed-use, commercial and land. Sharestates offers high loan-to-value funding at competitive rates and quick closings. Broker and correspondent lending programs are offered as well.
Request a quote today, visit biggerpockets.com/sharestates.
Deep Dive Sponsor
WizeHire is an online recruiting service that fuses recruiting software with the personal service of a hiring coach to help you find the best candidates for the job. They do all the heavy lifting for you so you can stay focused on what’s important.
Visit WizeHire today!
Fire Round Sponsor
Fundrise enables you to invest in high-quality, high-potential private market real estate projects. I’m talking anything from high rises in D.C. to multi-families in L.A. — institutional-quality stuff. And each project is carefully vetted and actively managed by Fundrise’s team of real estate pros.
Their high-tech, low-cost online platform lets you track the progress of every single project, and keep more of the money you make. Oh, and by the way, you don’t have to be accredited.
Visit Fundrise.com/biggerpockets to have your first 3 months of fees waived.
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Ashley found a way to invest in a market when very few others could
- How she got the city of Detroit to call her and offer her a deal to buy for $500
- Getting to nearly a half a million dollars in equity in a few short years
- How she got started investing with nothing but BiggerPockets as a guide
- Finding the best part of the city to invest in
- Why she fix her rentals up to suburb quality even in low-income neighborhoods
- Building a portfolio of 10 doors free and clear
- The way she uses the BiggerPockets forums to help her make money
- Landlording like a boss
- Giving back to your tenants
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show
- “Things typically don’t happen to you.” (Tweet This!)
- “There’s no shortage of good tenants. There’s a shortage of good landlords.” (Tweet This!)
- “It gets easier over time.” (Tweet This!)
- “Live like a Stark now, so that you can live like a Lannister later.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Ashley