I love pizza! I mean, come on… crispy crust, crunchy veggies and gooey cheese with flavorful seasoning – what’s not to like? So when I resolved to eat healthy a couple of years back, I was secretly hoping I don’t have to give up on my favorite foods altogether. And guess what? I didn’t have to! After browsing through tons of creative recipe ideas on the web (long live, Pinterest!), I realized that your love for pizza and passion for healthy eating don’t have to be mutually exclusive.
So, if you find yourself craving for a pizza in the middle of a movie marathon – despite your recent resolution to eat healthy this year – don’t sweat it. Instead, try one of these fun pizza recipes that are equal parts healthy and delicious:
- Rainbow Veggie Flatbread Pizza: Taste the rainbow with this Pinterest-worthy pizza that packs the goodness of crunchy bell peppers, fresh broccoli florets, sweet red onions, thinly sliced purple potatoes and juicy tomatoes. Pair it with this delightful rainbow smoothie recipe for a filling and flavorful weeknight dinner. Get the recipe here.
- Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Pizza: Picture a low-fat pizza with sweet onions, creamy goat cheese, tangy olives and thyme spread on a bed of tender baby spinach. And a dash of sunflower seeds on top for added nutrition and crunch. Is your mouth watering already? Good! Here’s the delish recipe.
- Egg and Rocket Pizza: Filled with roasted bell peppers, flavorful dill, tangy tomatoes, fresh parsley and topped with a baked egg, this protein-rich pizza tastes as amazing as it looks. And the best part is that the recipe uses baked tortillas for the pizza base which makes it even more healthy. Get the recipe here.
- Kale Pesto Pizza: I love kale! Seriously, is there anything you can’t make with this leafy green? From smoothies, salads and chips to cookies, muffins and ice cream. So, it’s no surprise that this versatile veggie can be used to whip up scrumptious pizzas as well. This mouthwatering pizza recipe is chock full of protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, calcium, magnesium, and heart-healthy fats. Here’s the drool-worthy recipe.
- Chicken Alfredo Pizza: Whole wheat pizza crust topped with tender chicken, creamy cheese, minced parsley, fresh tomatoes and a rich cauliflower sauce. Need I say more? Get the recipe here.
- Cajun Prawn Pizza: Made with crunchy vegetables and juicy smoked prawns, this low-fat pizza is loaded with essential nutrients like protein, vitamins, folate and antioxidants. Check out the recipe here.
- Whole Wheat Cherry Tomato and Zucchini Pan Pizza: Whoever thinks healthy eating can’t be fun, needs to taste this yum recipe right away! Cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, kalamata olives and crumbled feta make this pizza recipe both filling and flavorful. Check out the recipe here.
- Shrimp, Spinach And Basil Pizza Bianca: Protein-packed shrimp, iron-rich spinach, gooey mozzarella, hearty mushrooms and dried basil make this gobsmacking recipe a perfectly healthy (and fun) option for weekend dinner. Get the recipe here.
- Low-Carb Cauliflower Pizza with Artichokes: Delicious cauliflower crust filled with soft cheese and topped with fresh tomatoes and artichoke wedges, this pizza is a delightful, guilt-free option that deserves to be on everyone’s movie night menu. Here’s the full recipe.
- Grilled Salmon Pizza with Fresh Herbs: Antioxidant-rich herbs together with salmon’s omega-3 fatty acids and high-quality protein make this recipe both filling and wholesome. Pair it with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc for a lavish weekend brunch. Here’s the recipe. You might also want to try this recipe for Roasted Garlic and Artichoke Heart Grilled Salmon Pizza.